Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Blushda variation

  1. #1
    Inactive Member DPFRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2004
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I originally came across the BLUSHDA as a rudiment variation (Swiss drag).
    Eventually I thought it would be cool to do it as a Swiss flam five:

    RlL RR L

    Then I thought it would be cool to do it as a roll type idea, so swiss roll was the only name I could think of.

    RlL RR LL

    Funny enough, after intellectualizing (pardon my spelling) this lick, I saw Vinnie do it in the Modern Drummer Vid. In his solo during I'm tweaked, he plays a figure going down the toms then ends it on the cymbals and kick. Sounds kind o like a swing pattern but offset. I noticed this plus a lot of activity on the snare, that's when I linked it to the Swiss roll as I call it.

    It's a good lick but takes some chops to do at tempos above relaxed.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DPFRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2004
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always forget that the swiss roll is the same as a Flammed para-diddle-diddle

  3. #3
    Inactive Member JohnDrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    A Swiss Roll, where I grew up, is a really nice cakey-pudding type sweet confection, full of jam...!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •